30 June 2014

Filet crochet tablecloth

So, I forgot to post this in between weather events (we are on our third or fourth week of daily storms).  In fact, this has been done for almost a month now!  It even has stains already - pickled beet brine and ice tea, to be exact.  Oh yeah ... this was made to be on our table, not as a gift.
Fleur-de-Lis filet crochet tablecloth
It may block out a bit larger.  I still have not blocked it for lack of a place to lay it out, much less pin it out ... but it is about time to clear the table again and give it a nice soak-wash in the dishwater.  My mom discovered early on with me that dish soap/detergent works best for getting food stains out of cotton.  For the record, ketchup, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, and any red juice or wine WILL end up on my shirt still.

3 comments:

Lyndle said...

Beautiful tablecloth! Wow! I'm glad you're using it. Too often beautiful things end up living their lives in the drawer. How long did it take you to make? You must be an amazingly skilled crocheter.

dfr2010 said...

It does have mistakes in it ... but they get lost in all the other stitches. Filet crochet is basically a chain stitch and a dc/tc. The challenge is keeping track of where you are on the chart.
I think it took two or three weeks to make - I was inspired.

Kris C. said...

Beautiful job! I'll bet you love to see it in its place of honor!