09 October 2018

Butterick 5682 jeans pattern

I have been asked over on PatternReview for pics and a full review on the Butterick 5682 jeans that I made over a year ago.  That was the straight leg view, and I decided I need to retrace the pieces onto the Pellon EasyPattern stuff, as that is a lot more sturdy than the red-dot stuff I initially used.  Instead, I traced the flare leg view to play around with.  I bought some fabric paint markers at WalMart the other week, with intentions of covering up the tea or pop spill stain on my linen tunic, but there ought to be plenty to paint the flares in the lighter denim.

A quick teaser picture: the pocket pieces on the Butterick are the standard-issue useless mostly-decorative model, so - inspired by the PR jeans class by Jennifer Stern - I drew some nice roomy big FUNCTIONAL front pockets for my jeans, complete with pocket stays that get sew into the fly.  Now *these* are some kick(*donkey*) pockets.
my big roomy FUNCTIONAL front jeans pockets
I think I'll blog about these jeans I'm about to make, since it seems quite a few sewists think jeans are intimidating.

No comments: