22 August 2017

My precious fabric has arrived

I picked it up at the post office today, and had to wait until I got home to get it open.  Fabric Mart is thankfully dumped FedEx's SmartPost in favor of the USPS Priority mail, which means I get my order 1-3 days sooner.  It does look as photographed, although it is a lighter weight than I like to use for jeans ... so now for a Plan B.  I have this pattern:

Simplicity 8447
"Rosie the Riveter" pattern
Yup, I intend to dress up as Rosie the Riveter come autumn, when it is rumored first the overnight lows may actually get lower than 70F, and then the daytime highs may actually go below 85F!  A nice linen and cotton blend in this weight ought to work no matter what the weather does when Hallowe'en comes around.  It could be some fun.

No comments: