Might as well post up the one pair of kneesocks.
|purple Primrose kneesocks|
Now, for fitting notes for my kneesocks:
- CO only 68 stitches, as 72 was too many on the Primrose socks, and the pattern called for a CO of 80 for my size.
- only a one-inch cuff, as I don't have a lot of length between the back of my knee and the widest portion of my calf
- increase to 76 max after cuff ... again, 80 was too many on the Primrose socks
- when doing the calf decrease, start it around 5 inches from top, and only decrease once every four rounds max - every other round is too sudden a decrease (and why I frogged the previous attempt)
- work down to only 60 stitches at the ankle - 64 is a tad too slouchy for kneesocks ... even for regular mid-calf socks
- long heel flap, with quite a few gusset pick-up stitches
Everything else should be good to go. Now, to CO my 2nd attempt at fitted-for-me kneesocks, as my back is telling me I did too much planting, raking, digging, etc the past few days. But OH honey, we've had a couple gorgeous days down here to overdo it outside. Lovely "spring break" weather right now (rain forecast for tomorrow, of course).