|M5142 jeans mockup #3|
in burgandy red twill cotton
|side view, M5142 jeans mockup #3|
|rear view, M5142 jeans mockup #3|
that's my lighter in the right back pocket
- zipper lies flat against my front, so the wedge out of the front crotch curve may just be perfect. Zipper stays flat against me even when sitting.
- they're quite loose through the hips and thighs .. no binding or snugness there.
- waistband feels perfect! Even sitting, there is no gap in the small of my back.
- Granted, view D is described as at-waist and wide leg, but I am wondering if they are just a bit too wide through the legs.
- my fabric was about 3 inches too short to get the full length of leg on these, due to a seriously whopperjawed end. Ah well, it isn't too drastic.
Hubby's comment on them was that they look like dress pants more than just going-to-town jeans. He mentioned I should make a nice top to coordinate with these ... and I picked up a piece of nice shirting (I probably bought for him, originally) that matched the dark red perfectly. That will likely be the next thing I cut out and sew, using the new Cashmerette Harrison shirt pattern.
So, fitting on this jeans pattern - other than narrowing the legs a bit, is there anything I am missing? Comments, observations, and suggestions are welcome.