10 August 2017

Notes for Simplicity 4149 tunic

I just finished up the test version of Simplicity 4149 tunic, view A with the neckband but without the sleeve flounce.  A few pattern notes from wearing:

  • size 22 is too big in the shoulders for me
  • do a small FBA, about 1/2 inch, and use a second dart for better shaping
  • the armsceye is too long and low, needs to be brought up at least a half-inch
  • still have a small puddle of fabric in the swayback section of the back
  • need a little more room for my butt in back
  • raise the slit in the neck by an inch
  • shorten the sleeve cap by at least a half-inch, lots of ease to gather in
  • flat-fell the straight seams instead of French seams
  • shorten sleeves another inch
I'm doing this up for the Tunic Contest at Pattern Review, so I'll need good notes to write the review.  No pics yet, as hubby went up to Jax to hang out with a friend for friend's birthday today.

No comments: