21 September 2018

Simplicity 8243 blouse finished

I'll do a bunch more notes in a few days, but I wore it in to town yesterday and got pics when we got home, so I wanted to post them up here.
Simplicity 8243 blouse, with arm down

Simplicity 8243 blouse, with arm up showing
the crease up near the shoulder pad

Simplicity 8243 blouse, back view - no back shaping

of course the front view picture is fuzzy - we just cannot have a photo session
without an out-of-focus pic (or three)
This top came out WAY fancier than I had envisioned.  I was going for "cute and casual," but as you can see, it stepped over that standard.  I had quite the time finding shoulder pads locally - finally decided to scour Goodwill's racks, and sure enough I found a red dress (probably poly) with red shoulder pads and a red long back zipper and even a cute bit of red lace across the front.  Trust me, the blouse doesn't look right without the shoulder pads ... unless you adjust them out.  That's another post.

1 comment:

glorm said...

Wow, hard to tell that there are shoulder pads in there. You did a good job inserting them. About the divot below the pads: I'm not sure but I think that will be seen with pads as my jackets (purchased) have that. I eliminate them from blouses so can't be sure about them there.