Yesterday I was wondering what I wanted to sew next. Since I found where I put my smock from Simplicity 2621 (shift, chemise, underdress ... I've seen all these words for the same garment) I decided to try it on with my Elizabethan corset to see how it fits ... now that I know more about fitting than I did last year! Not only do I need to make a new Elizabethan corset ("pair of bodies" as it was called at the time) but I will need a new smock as well, as the shoulders falling down will annoy me before I can even leave the house. Here is a mirror pic of the smock and bodies:
Time to break out that lovely white handkerchief linen and get going on a new smock! I'll start by reworking the pattern, after rereading my pattern review from last year. As for the corset, I will start all over on fitting that, and follow instructions on incorporating boned tabs like the Effigy Corset.
I'm almost done with my second cup of coffee, so pattern work should commence soon.