|making S2621 corset strapless|
This morning was the third in a row I've woken up to the roll of thunder ... and the second in three days most of my clocks have been blinking the wrong time. In fact, son's school had to have a 2 hour delay due to power outages! Yeesh ... enough of this storm and rain! I would happily send it to Texas where they are worried about wildfires. We're under flood warnings here (again).
Back to the Elizabethan corset ... I have realized I forgot something important! I forgot to put in the twill tape for the waist and underbust. Bleh ... this version won't hold up for long, at least not as well as it would have if I had remembered. I do think I have settled on a boning scheme for it, though. As long as the power stays on, I should get the channels sewn today.
Meanwhile, work continues on the second denim mid-Victorian ... and my fingertips are not happy with me after basting the denim outer layer last night and this morning. This denim is beefier than the last one, but pics will have to wait until I can switch thread on the machines and stitch it up. Another good reason to knock out the Elizabethan full mockup (which is what this home dec jacquard stripe version is).