18 July 2011

Elizabethan rose cross stitch done

Not what I planned to post up as finished, but here it is:
Elizabethan rose cross stitch design
Obviously I made no progress on the sunhat idea.  A whole lot of life got in the way today, along with my back still acting up.  I can always hope for tomorrow to sew ...

Just for the observant (and history geeks!  LOL) this isn't quite a Tudor rose.  The Tudor rose has a white inner rose with the red outer rose.  On top of that, I just couldn't do red thistles like the book showed ... to my USA-born and raised eyes, thistle flowers should be a light purple/lavender color.  The first thistle flower was a challenge, but they did get easier and faster to do.

3 comments:

glorm said...

Very well done, and, as far as I can tell, all the x's are crossed in the same direction. :)

dfr2010 said...

gloria, ty but they don't all cross the same way. LOL I was doing good to keep it right-side-up around the border, and get the thistle flowers right!

Sewingadicta said...

Beautiful work!! I have the cross-stitch a bit abandoned, but it was mine for many years and all the pictures on the wall of my house are cross stitch, you have wonderful hands! Hey! I am looking forward for the hat ....