While leaning over to inspect items on the bottom hang rack (barely a foot off the floor) I moved wrong and my back started hurting. Oops. I didn't even spend 20 minutes inside Hancock ... which was pointed out to me at the register. Returning home, I hit the pain meds and waited for them to kick in ... and waited ...
As I mentioned in my previous cross stitch post, hand embroidery is something I can do when my back is acting up. Since my meds didn't kick in enough to return to linen and pattern tissue, here is an in-progress pic of what I accomplished yesterday evening:
|Elizabethan rose cross stitch design in progress|
Along with pretty motifs, there are also border patterns that I will make into a traditional band sampler, and be able to use on future garb projects. There's even some lovely Elizabethan blackwork patterns, which was used for fancy smocks and shirts. Those are definitely "must-have" for when I get to a really fancy outfit like a court gown! I haven't even begun to intentionally brainstorm on garb uses for these designs yet ... just trying to get ones I really like onto Aida cloth for future reference right now.
The good news is today my back is feeling good again, so it's back to playing with linen and patterns ... I'll post something on that project later on as I don't want to interrupt the mojo too much for this afternoon. I'd like to achieve some progress, as it's been a while since I've posted a completed sewing project!